X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem at Installing Daemon tools and SPTD

Hi...

I am a vista ultimate 32-bit user.
    A few days ago I repaired [using upgrade in order to save my satting] my vista os because of driver installation failier that cause some problems to the computer.
    today, I have tried to run the Daemon Tools program without any luck. I have been trying to reinstall the Daemon tools and the SPTD and at all of the times I have been requested to reboot my computer.
    I have deleted the Daemon tools folder and tried to delete the registry and nothing's helps.
    What can I do??
    Before the os's repair the Daemon tools had worked perfectly

Lots of thanks to helpers.

Open registry editor (execute regedit),
    go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
    and change Start value to 4 (=disabled), reboot, after reboot enable all permissions of sptd\cfg key in Services hive, then delete entire sptd key, reboot, after reboot re-install SPTD layer, execute SPTD stand-alone installer after required reboot to ensure correct installation, i.e. installer must detect installed SPTD layer version. Do NOT attempt to install any software using SPTD layer if it didn't install correctly.
    If SPTD layer is detected correctly, re-install software using SPTD layer (e.g. Daemon Tools).

Comment

Originally posted by Digger
      Open registry editor (execute regedit),
      go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
      and change Start value to 4 (=disabled), reboot, after reboot enable all permissions of sptd\cfg key in Services hive, then delete entire sptd key, reboot, after reboot re-install SPTD layer, execute SPTD stand-alone installer after required reboot to ensure correct installation, i.e. installer must detect installed SPTD layer version. Do NOT attempt to install any software using SPTD layer if it didn't install correctly.
      If SPTD layer is detected correctly, re-install software using SPTD layer (e.g. Daemon Tools).
      I have tried to allow permissions and it seems like it has been done but I cannot delete those keys.

Comment

Nevermind, I have done it, the keys have been deleted and the Daemon Tools works...
        Thank you very much, helped me a lot...

Comment

hi
          i dont get this running
          ive got v1.55 and im using ultimate 32bit.
          using regedit and changing this start value to 4 using dec or hex?
          and how to enable all permissions of sptd\cfg key in Services hive, then delete entire sptd key,??
          i just dont get this done

after installation it says i have 2 reboot to make those changes
          but after reboot the installer says: no version found
          plz help

Comment

4 dec = 4 hex
            You must reboot after disabling SPTD layer in registry, then you can change permissions in registry editor.

Comment

ok.. i thought it would change it otherwise in other code.. dunno how regedit really works...
              but how to change permissions?

Comment

ok.. it finally worked this way!
                thx for the help

Comment

Working...
                X