No announcement yet.

SPDT and DVD read speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing has changed with new 1.60 version. Tested with Alcohol 52% 1.9.8.7612 and Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.4. Are there any plans to fix the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Pastor
      Nothing has changed with new 1.60 version. Tested with Alcohol 52% 1.9.8.7612 and Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.4. Are there any plans to fix the problem?
      The issue is still under investigation, and will be fixed as soon as the actual cause is found.

Comment

Definitely happening here. Relevant hardware/software is:
        Gigabyte P35-DS3 motherboard with ICH9 SATA running in AHCI mode. I don't have Gigabyte Energy Saver installed.
        LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray/HD-DVD drive
        Windows XP Pro x64 Edition SP2 using Intel Matrix Storage driver v8.9

Testing in Nero CD-DVD Speed v4.7.7.15 with SPTD 1.58 installed, BluRay discs max out at around 2.9x and DVDs at close to 12x. The Burst rate is listed as 14MB/sec, which seems unusually low. After reading on the SlySoft and CDFreaks forums that SPTD had been known to cause low burst rates I removed it and retested, read curves were perfect and reached the drive's full rated speeds (6x for Blu-Ray and 16x for DVD) with a burst rate of 53MB/sec. Installing SPTD 1.60 and retesting the speeds were back to exactly as bad as they had been before.

Comment

Thanks to developers!
          Installing of SPTD 1.62 solve all problems with read speed!

Comment

According to some tests, version 1.62 solves the problems on my system, too!
            Thanks!!!

Comment

Problem fixed

Tested combination of SPTD 1.62 and JMicron 1.17.51 WHQL, read speed and burst rate are now normal. Thanks!

Comment

Big thanks DuplexSecure

Comment

Read speeds seem OK, but write speeds are still broke with SPTD 1.69.

Image Was Here: "You are only allowed to post URLs to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more."

Stupid!

Anyways, I can't get over 9x DVD write speed with SPTD installed.

Disable SPTD and reboot I get my 16x DVD write speed back.

Comment

Working...
                  X