This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important: Gigabyte Energy Saver issues with SPTD

Usage of newer SPTD layer versions on Gigabyte systems with Gigabyte Energy Saver installed could lead to hard system hangs during virtual drive usage (e.g. Alcohol, Daemon Tools).
    This issue is currently under investigation. As workaround it is suggested to end/close Gigabyte Energy Saver.
    Last edited by Digger; 05-17-2009, 07:19 PM.

Closing it is enough - no need for uninstalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz
      Closing it is enough - no need for uninstalling.
      OK. Edited. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Important: Gigabyte Energy Saver issues with SPTD

Hi!

Just wondering what's the outcome of that little fork of SPTD driver, namely versions 1.51 and 1.52 public beta from disc-tools.com/download/sptdbeta ?

I'm using a Gigabyte EP45-DS3 (Intel ICH10 chipset). It doesn't support RAID but its SATA controller works in AHCI mode. And strangely enough newer versions of SPTD don't work for me. They don't cause booting problems or random lockups - I just get a deterministic lockup every time I try to read a file off an image (either .mds and .iso) mounted via Daemon tools. There's no BSOD, no minidump, no entry in the event log - PC just freezes and one has to reset it.
        BTW, reading/copying a small file doesn't cause problems, but a large file, say, 1 Gb causes lockup maybe half-way through copying progress every single time.
        Putting the image file on a PATA drive and copying a file from the emulated DVD to a PATA drive doesn't solve the problem. Corruption of DVD images is out of question - I tried quite a lot of them and they all work quite well with SPTD 1.52 public beta.
        Enabling or disabling of AHCI mode for SATA controller in m/b BIOS has no effect either.

This problem persists through newer versions if SPTD: I tested 1.53, 1.55, 1.56. However it is fully fixed with 1.52 public beta. It's a pity the fixed version is 1 year old nowdays and newer versions of Daemon Tools refuse to run with it
        The problem is most likely SPTD-related: using SPTD 1.56 with older version of DT (one, bundled with SPTD 1.49 or something) causes lockups too.

Could anyone plz tell me if the fix for Intel controllers is going to be integrated into the main version tree at all? Say, maybe in 1.57? That would be a mighty nice thing.

Comment

It is possible that there is acutally no intel issue at all. You also use Gigabyte board, so check whether you've "GEST Service for program management" running, it seems to be part of Gigabyte Energy Saver, and could be running even if you don't use Gigabyte Energy Saver. Stop that service, and check whether the issue remains.

Comment

Try also to install Intel matrix storage.
            Its the driver for the Intel ICHs...
            h**p://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Filter.aspx?ProductID=2101&lang=eng

Comment

Important Gigabyte Energy Saver issues with SPTD

Hi ...

I am using a new lifeview trio PCI version . Since now i have not problems with progdvb , but today i have installed the new version of progdvb 4.80.3 . My surpise is that i can not use the DVB-S module of my lifeview trio . I only have access to the DVB-T . Also when i am going to search channels in the tab i have got repeted 3 or 3 DVB-T Digital Antena modules .. i have not a DVB-S Satelite module ...

I think is a problem of your new module for the lifeview ...
              Can it be corrected ?
              If you want i can be a beta tester for the lifeview trio pci product ...

Thanks for your supperb work ...

Comment

Maybe Im blind but I cant see a what of enabling the power saving in the bios. There is the "Easy Energy Saver" application that I can install but I dont really want that.

Does anybody know where it is in the BIOS?

Comment

If you dont have a sound card that has native ASIO drivers, or otherwise generally low latency drivers, and you are trying to push the latency down, you are likely to get problems either way.

Comment

If you dont have a sound card that has native ASIO drivers, or otherwise generally low latency drivers, and you are trying to push the latency down, you are likely to get problems either way.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X