Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD 1.62 and cdroms vanishing

Hey guys,

Just installed the 1.62 version on XP SP3. I upgraded using the installer from v1.50. After the installation I noticed that my cdroms are missing out of "my computer", and I am unable to install or assign drive letters to any virtual drives. Could this be a product of the fixes for some RAID devices mentioned on the download pages. Is there a listing of which RAID controllers were affected/fixed?

I am using JMicron36x raid. Thought this may have become corrupted so I re-installed the latest driver and tried to remove and re-install the CD rom drives. They just have the yellow error icons next to them in device manager.

BIOS still detects and is able to access CDROMS correctly.

System errors in event viewer:
    The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    Cdrom

Let me know if you need any more information or if you've heard of this before with any of the 1.6x versions.

-Thanks;
    DRB

Ensure you use latest JMicron RAID driver.
    Try to remove SPTD layer (execute SPTD installer, and select Uninstall, then reboot) - check if the problem persists. If your drives re-appear, re-install SPTD layer, and check again. If the drives disappear again, please contact our support@duplexsecure.com.

Comment

Working...
    X