SPTD won't install / Win7 x64 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD won't install / Win7 x64 ?

A little background: x64 computer, used Alcohol 52% without any issues when I was running Vista x64. Upgraded to Windows 7 x64 and no more Alcohol 52%.

Found my way here via AlcoholSoft's support site, followed directions for properly deleting SPTD via the registry. Did that, uninstalled Alcohol 52%, disabled all security programs and firewalls. Still no luck.

Here are the messages I get immediately when I try to install the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SPTD:

SPTDinst-v162-x64 : "SPTDinst-v162-x64 is not a valid Win32 application."

SPTDinst-v162-x86 : "This platform is not supported."

Any help would be great, thanks.

Redownload x64.

Comment

im having the same problem and redownloading it did nothing.

when i double click i get the little hourglass like it wants to run, and then nothing.

Comment

Try another browser and/or without download manager.

Comment

tryed downloading in firefox and it said it was not a valid win32 application.

Comment

Then it seems your connection is somehow a bit broken as that error clearly states corrupt download.
            Files on servers are OK.

Comment

Same problem for me

I have the same issue. Tried downloading several times. The checksum is not correct. My assumption is that the file is corrupt on the server. Checked the 32 bit file as well, and that also comes down with an incorrect checksum. You can also see that both files lack the correct SPTD icon. Have no issues downloading other files.

Comment

Just downloaded both, files on server are correct.

Comment

I checked both as well, without any problems. Which browser do you use?

Comment

I'm using IE8. Why would this be a problem here, when I have no problems downloading any other stuff. This server particularly sensitive, or what? Can't figure this one out...
                    Last edited by Angel of Death; 03-22-2010, 10:39 PM.

Comment

still having the same problem. im not sure what to do, but i need to remove this damn driver from my pc

Comment

anyone who is having a problem just go to disk-tools.com, they have both versions there

Comment

SPTD wont install / Win7 x64

Bought Riddick Athena off Direct2Drive but it wont install properly. It gets to "Please point to the location where data4.cab can be found" but I dont have a data4.cab in the setup.zip. Any ideas?Windows 7 Pro 64. TAGES drivers installed unfortunately.

Comment

I am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and Ie8 and recieved the same "not a valid Win32 application". I redownloaded using Jdownloader and Voila, no more problem. It installed as it should. It still didn't resolve my original issue though. The reason I arrived at this problem to begin with was also due to Alcohol 120%, not 52 like OP. When installing A120% it first demanded admin clearance so I went into A120 properties and in compatibility tab set to run as admin. Then when installing after the first couple windows it stopped and installed SPTD v1.62 then restarted. After reboot it restarted the install automatically and reinstalled SPTD, then reboot and a vicious unending circle. So I came here downloaded and installed SPTD ver1.69 thinking that would cure it. Alas it was not to be. When I installed A120% it reinstalled SPTD 1.62 and rebooted again.
                            Last edited by SCARY GERRY; 05-17-2010, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Did you use upgrade installation Vista to Windows 7?

Comment

Working...
                              X