Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPTD 1.76 & 1.77 ImagePath - bug or intention?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD 1.76 & 1.77 ImagePath - bug or intention?

I see some people are having problems with latest SPTD starting from 1.76...and I noticed that 1.76+ versions on XP SP3 (did not try on other systems) changed their imagepath in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd
    registry location from
    System32\Drivers\sptd.sys
    to somewhat strange
    \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys
    after installation...bug with installer or this was intended?
    Because new imagepath seems somewhat invalid...

There should be no problem because of that, \SystemRoot\... is a valid image path.
    What problems do you mean anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Digger View Post
      There should be no problem because of that, \SystemRoot\... is a valid image path.
      What problems do you mean anyway?
      I use a program that reads HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd ImagePath variable to detect presence of file sptd.sys.... Now that program is not working anymore because it probably assumes ImagePath variable as c:\windows\ + imagepath... And now as variable changed program gets c:\Windows\\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys - wrong.
      And yes, I know there is system variable %systemroot% that points to C:\Windows....but \systemroot is not valid. Try to enter
      cd %systemroot% in command prompt - it works, changes to c:\windows.
      Try cd systemroot or cd \systemroot - no way...
      If duplexsecure use internal variable systemroot to point to C:\Windows dir that's ok FOR THEM, but other programs that somehow want to detect presence or path to sptd.sys will have problems because of that change...
      Just trying to help...

Regards

Comment

\Systemroot\... is a valid registry image path, many drivers use it, even Microsoft drivers (e.g. afd.sys, etc.).
        Also it shouldn't be a problem to use that registry value anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger View Post
          \Systemroot\... is a valid registry image path, many drivers use it, even Microsoft drivers (e.g. afd.sys, etc.).
          Also it shouldn't be a problem to use that registry value anyway.
          You're right...some drivers indeed use \SystemRoot\.... but looking in my registry I found out that most of them uses %Systemroot%... Strange. Anyway...variable %SystemRoot% seems "safer"..but ok, it's duplexsecure choice.
          Thanks, regards
          Last edited by bwuser; 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X