Sptd uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sptd uninstall

I have the same problem as everyone else after installing Daemon Tools. I can not use any USB sticks anymore because of this sptd. I've tried all the methods online:
    - use the installer but there is no uninstall option anymore
    - tried safe mode (didn't get any prompt "press ESC to cancel load sptd.sys") and then tried to delete sptd key from " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\SPTD" without success. I tried assigning full control on everything even in advanced mode, but doesn't let me change the owner of the service. When I login with User(admin role) the owner of SPTD is listed Administrator user (Administrators group) but when I login with Administrator it lists User as Owner. This is the method: daemonpro-help.com/en/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html
    There is no SPTD.SYS file in system32/drivers anymore so I don't understand how is that service starting.

I can't belive there is no way to uninstall this driver. It gets pretty annoying and I don't really want to reinstall windows again. Please tell me what is the solution to this.

Thanks

The installer still has the Uninstall option if SPTD layer is active.
    But you can just disable SPTD service in registry by changing the "Start" value to 4
    (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd), and reboot.
    After that you should also be able to enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, and then to delete entire sptd key.

Comment

Originally posted by Digger View Post
      The installer still has the Uninstall option if SPTD layer is active.
      But you can just disable SPTD service in registry by changing the "Start" value to 4
      (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sptd), and reboot.
      After that you should also be able to enable all permissions of sptd/cfg key, and then to delete entire sptd key.
      Unfortunately the installer doesn't have uninstall option anymore. Perhaps I'm using the wrong installer? I've downloaded the last one .. probably daemon tools is using another version.
      I've changed the start value to 4 .. and nothing.. the sysutils service still starts on reboot. I can't even access the service properties from services.msc because I get access denied even though I have admin rights.
      The permission modification doesn't work, I can't change the owner and I can't delete the registry key. I've tried deleting individual settings from it but can't access the main key (that is sptd group and Cfg group inside) but all the other settings inside are deleted.
      How come there is no way to get rid of this ?

Daniel

Comment

Well, if Start value of sptd service is set to 4, it won't load, because it is disabled.
        Do you use SPTD stand-alone installer www.duplexsecure.com/downloads ?

Comment

Well, if Start value of sptd service is set to 4, it won't load, because it is disabled.
          Do you use SPTD stand-alone installer ?
          Well it still stars on me without that value. Now that Start subkey doesn't exist becuase I've deleted everything inside but I still can't delete the main sptd key.
          I've used this installer: duplexsecure.com/download/SPTDinst-v179-x86.exe
          and it shows no option to uninstall.
          Is there any tool out there that forces this uninstall ?
          I really need to use my USB sticks, seems they work only on safe mode (where the SysUtils service doesn't seem to start) but still can't make it to work under normal startup.

Daniel

Comment

What does the installer report? No SPTD version detected?

Comment

What does the installer report? No SPTD version detected?
              The installer has the Uninstall option grayed. I even tried to install it and then after a restart I've uninstalled it. The problem remains.

Comment

So you could install SPTD? And the installer detected it after reboot, so you could use the Uninstall option?
                What's the Start value in sptd key now? 0 or 4? Did you reboot after uninstallation (important!)?

Comment

So you could install SPTD? And the installer detected it after reboot, so you could use the Uninstall option?
                  What's the Start value in sptd key now? 0 or 4? Did you reboot after uninstallation (important!)?
                  Yes I had the button for uninstall after installation, but that didn't remove Sysutils... service from my services. I didn't reboot but I will try that now and see what it happens.

Comment

Sptd uninstall

Does anyone know how to uninstall Ney-fi on a Mac? Thanks

Comment

Sptd uninstall

Thanks ... tried all that. This app was the only one that was affected. I re-installed AW, exited out of it while the app was maximized and active, which caused it to resize to the full screen. I could then uninstall AW and the app worked fine. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Sptd uninstall

Ok, this morning, I had a few BSODs witht he computer, first one occurring around 10:20 something AM. Looked at name of the BSOD and it was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA or something like that. I thought it was some memory error. So, went into Safe Mode and ran windbg to look at the dump file and it says something about e VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT being associated with services.exe. What I installed recently was Acronis Drive Monitor and before that, I never had any BSODs like that before and it didnt go BSODing on days after I installed ADM.

So I googled around a bit more and it kept pointing to a driver called sptd.sys that Daemon Tools uses which I have installed. Now, I NEVER had a problem with that driver before or Daemon Tools with Windows 7. And the reason why I bring up services.exe is that ADM loads up its own service that associates itself with services.exe so it do some HDD monitoring. So I uninstalled daemon tools, still BSODed on me when I went into Windows regularly. I am going to uninstall ADM and if that doesnt work, manually remove sptd.sys from the drivers folder.

Any other assistance would be grateful.

EDIT: Okay, I forgot that you cant really uninstall anything in Safe Mode because the Windows Installer Service isnt running xD. Well, I did make it so that the Acronis service and ADM itself doesnt start on startup but I still got the BSOD, looked at Event Viewer again at it was still the sptd.sys driver. Going to get rid of it manually by deleting it. Cant run the uninstaller from DuplexSecure the guys who make the driver because it doesnt see the driver loaded in Safe Mode. Oh and, can anyone suggest other DVD/CD emulator programs like Daemon Tools that doesnt use the sptd.sys driver?

Comment

The matchless message, very much is pleasant to me

On your place I would go another by.

Comment

Sptd uninstall

Ok, this morning, I had a few BSODs witht he computer, first one occurring around 10:20 something AM. Looked at name of the BSOD and it was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA or something like that. I thought it was some memory error. So, went into Safe Mode and ran windbg to look at the dump file and it says something about e VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT being associated with services.exe. What I installed recently was Acronis Drive Monitor and before that, I never had any BSODs like that before and it didnt go BSODing on days after I installed ADM.

So I googled around a bit more and it kept pointing to a driver called sptd.sys that Daemon Tools uses which I have installed. Now, I NEVER had a problem with that driver before or Daemon Tools with Windows 7. And the reason why I bring up services.exe is that ADM loads up its own service that associates itself with services.exe so it do some HDD monitoring. So I uninstalled daemon tools, still BSODed on me when I went into Windows regularly. I am going to uninstall ADM and if that doesnt work, manually remove sptd.sys from the drivers folder.

Any other assistance would be grateful.

EDIT: Okay, I forgot that you cant really uninstall anything in Safe Mode because the Windows Installer Service isnt running xD. Well, I did make it so that the Acronis service and ADM itself doesnt start on startup but I still got the BSOD, looked at Event Viewer again at it was still the sptd.sys driver. Going to get rid of it manually by deleting it. Cant run the uninstaller from DuplexSecure the guys who make the driver because it doesnt see the driver loaded in Safe Mode. Oh and, can anyone suggest other DVD/CD emulator programs like Daemon Tools that doesnt use the sptd.sys driver?

Comment

Working...
                            X