X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwondeR
    replied
    SPTD Errors

Ok, this morning, I had a few BSODs witht he computer, first one occurring around 10:20 something AM. Looked at name of the BSOD and it was a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA or something like that. I thought it was some memory error. So, went into Safe Mode and ran windbg to look at the dump file and it says something about e VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT being associated with services.exe. What I installed recently was Acronis Drive Monitor and before that, I never had any BSODs like that before and it didnt go BSODing on days after I installed ADM.

So I googled around a bit more and it kept pointing to a driver called sptd.sys that Daemon Tools uses which I have installed. Now, I NEVER had a problem with that driver before or Daemon Tools with Windows 7. And the reason why I bring up services.exe is that ADM loads up its own service that associates itself with services.exe so it do some HDD monitoring. So I uninstalled daemon tools, still BSODed on me when I went into Windows regularly. I am going to uninstall ADM and if that doesnt work, manually remove sptd.sys from the drivers folder.

Any other assistance would be grateful.

EDIT: Okay, I forgot that you cant really uninstall anything in Safe Mode because the Windows Installer Service isnt running xD. Well, I did make it so that the Acronis service and ADM itself doesnt start on startup but I still got the BSOD, looked at Event Viewer again at it was still the sptd.sys driver. Going to get rid of it manually by deleting it. Cant run the uninstaller from DuplexSecure the guys who make the driver because it doesnt see the driver loaded in Safe Mode. Oh and, can anyone suggest other DVD/CD emulator programs like Daemon Tools that doesnt use the sptd.sys driver?

Leave a comment:

• Digger
    replied
    Check system eventlog (run eventvwr.msc) regarding SPTD error messages, post the entire error message, incl. all error bytes (Details tab).

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic SPTD Errors

SPTD Errors

Been having trouble with SPTD for months. Was causing too much aggravation so I gave up, but I'm fresh and rested and ready to keep trying. Out of the blue, Daemon Tools stopped working, said I had no SPTD installed. Tried to install SPTD, got a 'system protected, disable antivirus' warning. Problem there, no antivirus. SPTD stand alone installer has 'uninstall' grayed out. Have gone through every manual removal process I can find. Removed all registry entries, .sys file, uninstalled Daemon tools, etc. Tried working through the problem with the DT support staff, they gave up on me too. Any ideas?
Working...
X